Description & Tasting Notes
Named after the home of French mustard, this classic blend dates back to 1747 when Maille was founded. 265 years of mustard-making expertise stand behind the finesse and flavor of this outstanding mustard. Made exclusively with Barassica Juncea, these brown mustard seeds undergo a unique and intricate process: from storage to weighing to sorting to mixing to cutting (rather than crushing) into mustard paste. This elegant mustard is characterized by its creamy texture, appealing color, spicy taste (with a touch of heat to the nose), and smooth finish.
Grand Champion Prize at the 19th Annual World-Wide Mustard Competition 2013.
Maille Dijon Originale Mustard pairs brilliantly with all types of foods, enhancing meat, fish, and vegetables dishes, in addition to sandwiches. Whisk it into vinaigrettes or use it as a secret ingredient in hot and cold sauces. Adding it to macaroni and cheese or a hot potato salad will offer an unexpected, yet tasty, kick.
• Jar Ingredients: Water, mustard seeds, vinegar, salt, citric acid, sulphur dioxide.
• Squeeze Bottle Ingredients: Water, mustard seeds, vinegar, salt, citric acid, xanthan gum, sulphur dioxide.
• Calories: 10 calories per serving (1 tsp).
• Nut-free, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, fish and shellfish-free.
• Kosher Mustard.
• Refrigerate after opening.
• Jar (13.4 oz / 350 ml and 7.5 oz / 200 ml)
• Squeeze Bottle (9.7 oz / 250 ml)